LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regrading labview.

I have a few problems on LabVIEW  that I am trying to solve but I get stuck on some steps because I'm new and just learning it, would be possible to describe the steps in videos or pictures of the problems so I can know which code or thing that i have to use in order to solve the questions.

3. Create a VI that takes a 2D array of numbers and returns a 1D array that contains the average of each of the rows. Make a control for the 2D array input by placing an empty array on the front panel and placing a Numeric Control inside (see Section 2.1). Add a dimension to the array (since the default is a 1D array) and then populate a few rows and columns of the array with numbers in order to test your code. Make an indicator on the front panel consisting of a 1D array that will show the results of the averaging (place a Numeric Indicator inside another empty array). You can use a “for” loop in your block diagram to perform calculations on the rows of the array one at a time: when a 2D array enters such a loop through an auto-indexing tunnel (see Section 2.1.2), each iteration of the loop will use one row of the array (and the number of iterations will be the number of rows).
• Modify your code so that it can average either the rows or columns of the given array. Add a
Boolean control (switch or button) to the front panel which controls whether the 2D array is
transposed before its rows are averaged. Test your program by making sure that the averaging is
successful in both “row” and “column” configurations.
• Configure this VI for use as a subVI by connecting both controls and the indicator to terminals
on the “connector” diagram, then save the VI with an appropriate name.

4. Select “VI Properties” (under the File menu, or using Ctrl-I), choose the “Executive” category, and check the “Clear indicators when called” checkbox. Now, whenever you run the code, all indicators and charts will be cleared and show the values from the new run.

5. Write a VI that creates a sinusoidal signal contaminated by noise and then averages multiple instances of the signal to remove the noise. You can use the “Simulate Signal” Express VI, described in Section 2.4.2, to create the signal, placed within a “for loop” structure so that the signal is created many times. You’ll need to check the “Add noise” box in the configuration popup window to add noise contamination to the signal. Configure the “Simulate Signal” Express VI so that there are at least 2 or 3 oscillations of the sinusoid during the signal’s duration (you may wish to adjust the signal’s frequency, the number of samples per rate, and/or the number of samples). Also, select the “Reset phase, seed, and time stamps” option so that each time the signal is created, the sinusoid will start at the same point in its cycle.

In addition to the “Simulate Signal” Express VI in a “for” loop, your front panel should feature:
• Controls for the signal’s amplitude, the amplitude of the noise, and the number of averages used
to suppress the noise (the number of times to run the “for” loop).
• Indicators including:
– one graph displaying a single instance of the signal, which will change each time through the
loop
– a second graph that displays the current averaged signal (updated each time through the loop,
it should look less and less noisy because more and more measurements are being averaged)
– an indication of how many averages have taken place so far
Helpful Hints
• The output of the “Simulate Signal” VI is a wire of type “Dynamic Data.” The Convert From
Dynamic Data express VI will allow you to convert this directly to a 1D array of numbers, or to
convert it to a waveform, from which you can then extract the array of numbers you need to work
as well as the timing information using the “Get Waveform Components” function.
• You can use Shift Registers to assemble the 1D arrays generated by the “Simulate Signal” VI into larger and larger 2D arrays as the loop repeats.
• Call the subVI you created in problem 4 to perform the averaging calculation.
• Make sure the labels on your graphs are correct. Plot amplitude vs. time if you can, otherwise,
be sure to indicate the plots are amplitude vs. sample number.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 35
(2,661 Views)

This sounds like homework.

What training have you had in LabVIEW?  I would assume your instructor has given you enough that you should be able to work through these problems.

No one is going to do your homework for you.  If you have specific questions, post the work you had tried and explain where you are stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 35
(2,658 Views)

I'm just starting it man and I already did A few and got stuck on some !  chill out man if you don't want to help some other nice people will without being mean and rude to my post. If you can't help be nice and if you don't know anything do not bother.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 35
(2,653 Views)

@Ray5567 wrote:

I'm just starting it man and I already did A few and got stuck on some !  chill out man if you don't want to help some other nice people will without being mean and rude to my post. If you can't help be nice and if you don't know anything do not bother.

It wasn't rude.  Upload your VI here and explain where you are stuck.  As previously mentioned, we're not here to do your homework for you, BUT we're more than happy to help you learn as you go.  We can then explain what you did wrong, then give you hints on how to fix it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 35
(2,650 Views)

That attitude won't get you help.

You don't understand.  We've been helping people out for so long we can sniff out the questions where people are asking others to do their homework for them.  It is the beginning a new semester, so it is not unexpected.

Those are pretty detailed questions you posted and you read them carefully, and had learned some basics from your instructor or even taken some LabVIEW tutorials,

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

you'll be work them out for yourself and learn something along the way.

If you are stuck on some, then post your work to date and me and/or others will guide you.  Without work being done on your part, we aren't going to waste our time to give you answers just so you can get an A in your class.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 35
(2,644 Views)

I never asked you to send the solutions I asked only for the steps like show me how to get to that. Anyway, I don't need your help like just don't bother and if you bring your friend to support you it's funny!  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 35
(2,621 Views)

Hahahaha ok dude just go and don't bother.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 35
(2,620 Views)

Ah, recursion probably won't be of any help here...

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 35
(2,456 Views)

Hi Ray,

you're not trying to do your homework on your own (or even start to tackle the problems), but instead you think it's a good idea to post the very same question in a new thread? Do you think we're stupid?

Please keep related questions in one thread: "one topic per thread" & "one thread per topic"…

Good advice: use a descriptive thread/message title. In a LabVIEW forum (nearly) all threads are about "LabVIEW" or "Questions on LabVIEW".

One more good advice: learn the correct spelling of LabVIEW (and also the meaning of this acronym)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 35
(2,449 Views)

@Ray5567 wrote:

I never asked you to send the solutions I asked only for the steps like show me how to get to that. Anyway, I don't need your help like just don't bother and if you bring your friend to support you it's funny!  

What you posted is actually quite detailed with what steps you need to do to complete the assignments. As others have posted, do some work and post what you have done with specific questions or issues you are facing. Getting mad at people for suggesting you do your own homework is not going to encourage people to help when you do have specific questions.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 35
(2,612 Views)