LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on using thermocouples in SCB68 board

Hello,

I am using thermocouples with an SCB68 connector block.

I am also using 2 pressure transducers that are powered via the connector block's 5V source (ch 14).

The thermocouples seem to be having problems in the data that I see, although the pressure transducers run fine.

Can I use t/c's with the transducers that require power. Is the 5V somehow disrupting the t/c's?

Also, all are beign run in differential mode.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,429 Views)
What kind of problems are you seeing? Not the correct level, noisy signal.... Do the TCs work with the pressure transducers disconnected? Is your analog input setup as a voltage or a temperature reading. If it's a temperature, do you have to correct type of TC selected. Are you using DAQ or DAQmx.

The SCB-68 should be able to handle TCs. It even has a cold junction compensation sensor to account for the TC to terminal block connection. This does work pretty good, but if want very accurate TC reading, you should be using SCXI or even SCC.

Try the TC by themselves with one of the examples that ships with LabVIEW. Make sure it uses the cold junction compensation sensor. There's a pretty simple one called "Acq Thermocouple Sample.vi" you can get to using the Example Finder. Just search for "Thermocouple" and it will be in the list.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,421 Views)
Remember that the thermocuople voltage will be in the micro volt range......
I suspect that the range is incorrect, also watch out for noise i.e. crosstalk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,417 Views)