From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the version of Labview

Hello,
I have a Para_Machine.vi application which uses a «Para_MachineDefaut.txt» file.
In this moment, I could put a number of recording which incremente automatically each time I click on the button "Enregistrer".
My question is, I will like in more of the number of recording, write automatically the number of Version of labview for example 7.1... on the «Para_Machine.txt»(See this file).I do not want to write it statically because a day if I travaillle with new a version of Labview, that generate automatically. What do I have to make in this case? I send to you the files (Para_MachineDefaut.txt and Para_Machine.vi)
I thank you in advance ,
Nadine
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,077 Views)
Nadine,

To get the LabVIEW version number at run-time, open an Application Reference and use the Application >> Version Number property (see attached).

Regards,
John
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,062 Views)
Hello,
I have just a small question. I modofied Para_Machine.vi according to my needs, I note that when I carry out the recording of the parameters in another file like "Para_Machine1.txt", I not that When I carry out the recording parameters in another file like "Para_Machine1.txt",I don't know why at the time of next the recording the number of recording will not incremente automatically(See Para_Machine1.txt:Enregistrement N°)
Another question: how to make so that with each excécution of the Para-Machine.vi, I will not have always to open the two files Para_MahineDefaut.txt and Para_Mahine1.txt? I send the files to you which I modified. I thank you much for your assistance!!
Nadine
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,048 Views)
Nadine,

The recording number isn't incrementing because your offset (18) is incorrect when you attempt to read the current recording number from the datafile. If you change 18 to 17, you should see this part of your code start to work again.

As for the file question (Para_MahineDefaut.txt and Para_Mahine1.txt), it isn't clear what behavior you want. Do you want the user's choices always to be saved in a file called Para_Mahine1.txt every time, without any prompts? If so, you'll have to specify a full file path to your last Open/Create/Replace file node; the default name input does not tell LabVIEW where to save the file, and is really only there for interactive purposes (when the user is prompted), so you won't need that if you want the file to be saved programmatically. Your current input to file path, an empty path, is not accomplishing anything.

I don't want to make you feel bad for asking for help, but you seem to have questions about every step of your project, and you don't seem to make an effort to keep each discussion thread devoted to a single problem. This behavior, combined with the fact that it's often hard to understand your English, makes it more likely that your questions will remain unanswered.

I would suggest that you get some personal help with your LabVIEW programming skills (a class, a co-worker, etc.) to complement the help you are trying to get here.

Regards,
John
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,037 Views)