LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about WDF file from Yokogawa DL850

Hi, All:
      I have recorded several traces into one WDF file from DL850. And I have installed DL850 data plugin. However I could only view the last trace in the file. Does any one know how to view all the traces from the file? thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,651 Views)

In which software you are working with your program? LabVIEW?
Also, if you could send the code you're currently working it will be easier for us to understand what could possible be the issue.

Alejandro Vargas

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,587 Views)

Hi all

I have also the same problem.

I work with Labview 2016 64 bit.

Solution?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,408 Views)

Hi! 

Take a look at the suggestions provided in this forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/DL850-WDF-Files-reading/td-p/2107126.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,372 Views)

Hi,

I got the same problem as you, I introduce myself:

I’m Jimmy Deville, Master student Engineer in Renewable Energy’s at the KULeuven in Belgium. This year I’m doing an internship at the Nuclear Power Plant of Doel (Belgium). My goal there is to create a LabVIEW program that automatically control the current curves from the control rods in the reactor. To acquisition these curves, a DLM4000 MIXED SIGNAL OSCILLOSCOOP from Yokogawa is used. The analyses are now done in Xviewer, a Yokogawa software. The extension of this files are *.wfd. I have read on their website that they have a small program that convert this files to open them in LabVIEW (this is what they say: This tool enables you to convert a binary data file saved by DL or DLM series instruments with *.wdf extension into binary data files with *.wvf and *.hdr extensions). I just need to know how to open these files in LabVIEW (2013) and put them in a graph. 

As you can see, it's the same problem as yours. Do you already fined something that could help me?

Thx

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,329 Views)

Hi,

I got the same problem as you, I introduce myself:

I’m Jimmy Deville, Master student Engineer in Renewable Energy’s at the KULeuven in Belgium. This year I’m doing an internship at the Nuclear Power Plant of Doel (Belgium). My goal there is to create a LabVIEW program that automatically control the current curves from the control rods in the reactor. To acquisition these curves, a DLM4000 MIXED SIGNAL OSCILLOSCOOP from Yokogawa is used. The analyses are now done in Xviewer, a Yokogawa software. The extension of this files are *.wfd. I have read on their website that they have a small program that convert this files to open them in LabVIEW (this is what they say: This tool enables you to convert a binary data file saved by DL or DLM series instruments with *.wdf extension into binary data files with *.wvf and *.hdr extensions). I just need to know how to open these files in LabVIEW (2013) and put them in a graph. 

As you can see, it's the same problem as yours. Do you already fined something that could help me? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,327 Views)

Hi.

I suppose that the conversion program is "WDF_WVF_Converter_105"

Did you try to convert file wdf into file wvf and hdr, and open wvf file with LabVIEW using the appropriate plugin?

I have tried and returns me error.

(Obviously a file wvf generated by Yokogawa 750 is opened successfully using labview)

However, to run the conversion program with LabVIEW you just call up the "System Exec"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,301 Views)

Hi,

Some time ago I made an application to convert the DL850 files into more readable files (CSV)

At that time I also made a program that convert the DL850 traces into a picture (JPG)

I don't if it helps but here is my zipped project of the last one.

Kees

Message 8 of 11
(4,292 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,270 Views)

Dear K C, first of all ty for your response.

Your files already helped me a bit, but when I want to open "Proc WDF file to Data" it says that files are missing. The files missing are "Convert File Extension_ogtk.VI" and "Convert File Extension(path)_ogtk.VI". Do you still have them? Do you have a e-mail adres where I could contact you easier ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,267 Views)