LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about LabVIEW standard "Recover" procedure for when LV quits out/crashes

Hey folks,

Based on the posts I read in my search I'm expecting a little heckling regarding that fact that I'm not using versioning control etc, but I want to ask this anyway (and I'm not sure if versioning woud have helped because I only opened-edited-closed once so far)

Last friday, I took the framework of project A and started reqworking it (renaming things, repointing classes etc) so that it can be the framework for another project I'll call project B.  

I really don't think I left the project open or anything, and I know I saved it off as project b (using save as, in a different location).  However, when I went to open the project this morning, some strange things happened and it prompted me with that "recover vis that were open when labview was not closed properly" - I selected "compare vis" for one or two of the vis and long story short I ended up hitting cancel.

My question is simple- is this recovery information stored anywhere else if I change my mind and want to either do more comparisons or do a recover?

EDIT:  TL;DR:   If I were to mess up and click "cancel" instead of "recover" is there ay way to go back and recover or review the code differences afterwards?

thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,056 Views)

Hi Pat,

I haven't been able to turn over anything identifying if/where that information is stored.  Unfortunately, I think you may have lost your chance when you hit cancel.

Regards,

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,005 Views)

Thx for the response- I ended up scrapping the new project and starting over- seems to be going ok this time around

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,992 Views)