From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question abou daq board buffer

Hi, everyone:
I am using Labview 7.1 and the daq board is NI6023E.  My program computes AI analog inputs (4 channels), I used a For loop to gather a certain number of anlog input data, and do the calculation with each input data, and put the calculated data to an array, and then find the minimum value among the array elements. So whenever I push a control button on the front panel, the program is supposed to give me a minimum value. When I run the program the first time it will work, then if the program is running and I push the button a few times, I found the first few elements in the array is not real, it seems they came from the data result when I pushed the button previously. I am not sure if this has to do with daq board buffer. Please help.
I used a stacked sequencial structure (3 frames) for AI config, AI scan, AI clear in each frame. For the for loop I set a delay time 20ms, I found if I increase the delay time, the number of unrealistic data will decrease. For example, if I set 20ms, then I got 15 unrealistic data, if I set 100ms, I only got 3 bad data. But then I cannot set the delay too long because N number of the for loop is  hundreds!

Thanks,

bj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,110 Views)
I am not sure if this has to do with daq board buffer

Yes, Probably it has nothing to do with your buffer

Attach your VI / pic of your block diagram so that we can have a look and suggest better
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,103 Views)