LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: How to make a radar simulation on XY Graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

In my first version above I had increased the decay by increasing the loop gain factor from 0.9 to 0.99. When the U8 intensity gets down to around 50 rounding to U8 holds that value which results in a trace that never gets totally black. But is this a problem or does it actually look more like a real radar screen?

Radar2.jpg

Alternative is as you mention to increase image depth to 16 bit.

Regarding the noise, question for the experts: is it only when the trace is created that the noise occurs, so once a spot got an intensity level it decays smoothly, or should the decay itself be noisy?

Alain

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 52
(4,635 Views)

Decay of CRT phosphor is exponential, say the starting intensity is linear with the beam current, saturatet and followed by blurr ... (If you have an CRT scope with a Z input ... hook up a signal 🙂 ) , decay to 10% can be >1000ms (P26,P33)

The 'line' intensity represents the signal amplitude of the receiver,  you have a noise level, echo signals, you can control gain, and offset  and  too much gain and signal results in clipping. 

And you have some dead time in the center. (the receiver needs a protection agains the xx kW radar pulse 🙂 )

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 52
(4,628 Views)

Come on guys! Back in my Navy days I actually taught ET'A' school - radar phase 

I'll fix the first obvious problem

Capture.PNG

Radars rotate clock-wise! (OK, Many models have a CW/CCW switch, don't ever throw that switch! it confuses officers resulting in the Electronics Technicians being woken up at 0-Dark thirty hours to "Fix the broken radar") We also need an Absolute / Relative Bearing switch and a Ship's Heading Marker with "On/Off" options (+ input from the ship's gyro repeater for ship's heading) 

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

of course, CRT decay of the sweep is totally irrelavent as Radar Repeaters have used a rastered scan for 25+ years.

Spoiler
Despite Hollywood's instance, they don't go "Bleep-bleep" or "Ping" when sweeping a target either.  That is for active sonar systems in an audible range.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 23 of 52
(4,552 Views)

Please conver this vi to LV 2012 VERSION.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 52
(3,909 Views)

@Zarrar wrote:

Please conver this vi to LV 2012 VERSION.

You are responding to a very long thread containing many VIs. Please explain what you mean by "this VI".

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 52
(3,901 Views)

I am talking about Radar3VI and RADAR2.VI Please convert these VI to 2012 version.I need these vis.

Thank You

Kudus

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 52
(3,884 Views)

Zarrar,

You can post future version change requests to the Version Conversion Board. Here, members of the community will be able to make those changes for you.

Best,

BrandonN

Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 52
(3,867 Views)

how can I enlarge this background?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 52
(3,812 Views)

@THE_PRIME wrote:

how can I enlarge this background?

Double-click the brown cluster constant wires to "polar plot with points option" near the upper left and enter larger numbers (currently they are 222)

Message 29 of 52
(3,807 Views)
how to enlarge the background image?
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 52
(3,806 Views)