cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query for Appropriate cDAQ card

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have 30VDC (Sinking/Sourcing) inputs to generate from cDAQ. Can I use NI 9485 module for this purpose. I have this question because it shows switching voltage is 60VDC.

Thanks

Prashant

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,527 Views)

Hi,

I have 30VDC (Sinking/Sourcing) inputs to generate from cDAQ. Can I use NI 9485 module for this purpose. I have this question because it shows switching voltage is 60VDC and I also wants to drive 60 VAC from cDAQ please suggest the module.

Thanks

Prashant

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,521 Views)

Hi Prashant,

The NI 9485 cDAQ module supports switching of voltages up to 60 VDC or 30 VAC_RMS.  This means you will be able to use it with 30 VDC, as long as it falls within the current limits of <0.75 A when using more than 4 channels, and <1.2 A when using 4 or less.  

As for supplying 60 VAC, there is no module that is capable of doing this.  For this purpose, you may need to look at getting an AC power supply that connects to a computer via GPIB, serial, or USB.  You can then program it using LabVIEW along with the cDAQ modules.

Brian 

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,510 Views)

Hi,

Could you please elaborate second paragraph?

Thanks

Prashant

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,497 Views)

Hi Prashant,

Sure, you mentioned that you wanted to drive 60VAC from a cDAQ module.  Does this mean you want the module to switch an input 60VAC signal with a relay, or actually generate a 60VAC signal from the module?  The 9485 can only handle switching up to 30VAC_RMS, so it will not work to switch 60VAC.  If you would like to output a 60VAC signal with a cDAQ module, this will not be possilbe becuase NI does not make any modules capable of this level of AC current output.  This is where I would recommend using a separate AC power supply that can be controlled via an interface like serial or GPIB.  These will be able to be controlled by LabVIEW in order to supply this type of signal.  Let me know if this helps.

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,487 Views)

Hi,

I just want to generate only 30 VDC and 50 VDC from 9485 module not 60VAC or any AC. Comment

Thanks

Prashant

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,483 Views)

Your original post says:

"Hi,

I have 30VDC (Sinking/Sourcing) inputs to generate from cDAQ. Can I use NI 9485 module for this purpose. I have this question because it shows switching voltage is 60VDC and I also wants to drive 60 VAC from cDAQ please suggest the module.

Thanks

Prashant"

What sort of comment do you expect?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,478 Views)

1. I meant that suggest a seperate module for 60VAC.

2. and Confirm 9485 60VDC module will work for 30VDC and 50 VDC generation

Thanks

Prashant

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,473 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UPRR

Both of your questions have already been answered. Since 50VDC is less than the maximum of 60VDC, why do you need any more clarification? Then, you have also been told that NI does not make a card that can generate 60VAC.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,470 Views)