LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries about Single Plane Balancing in Sound & Vibration Toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

I’m having questions with Single Plane Balancing project example in Sound & Vibration Toolkit as below:

- Is the Balancing example a fully completed project that can be used in practical? For example, I'm testing with rotor disk (plane) of 300mm radius and 10mm thickness.

- What is the unit for added weights (gram/kilogram…etc.)? Can I use 250g?

- Where should the weights be added with radius position? (in program only angle position is shown). I read and think that it’s can be added anywhere on radius, all weights must be at same radius, but I’m not sure.

- Is there any recommendation about the location to put vibration sensor?

I have read the project documentation carefully but there is no information regarding these. Appreciate any input from you guys.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,564 Views)

quynhon89, 

These are valid questions; unfortunately the project does not have the best documentation available. I have tried to reach out to the developers/R&D to see if we can shed some more light on this. I appreciate your patience. 

Regards,

Tanim Islam

Applications Engineer | National Instruments

ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,511 Views)

Thank you very much for your reply. I hope that we can get answers soon. I believe these questions are common among beginners who use this project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,502 Views)

Hi t@nim@t0R ,

Is there any update regarding this? Would appreciate your news.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author quynhon89

Yes, I have checked back in and heard the following regarding the example: 

1.  Yes this project is a fully completed project that can be used to measure real data on real devices.

2.  The weights don't actually have a defined unit in the example project.  Instead, the project will use any weights that you provide, as long as the units are consistent across all entries.  For example yes you could use grams and say you put 5 gram weights on the plane, or you could use tonnes and put a 2 tonnes on the plane.  Both options are valid

3.  You are correct on this, all weights must be added at the same radius from the center.

4.  By vibration sensor do you mean the Tachometer or the Accelerometer?  The documentation included in the project shows locations that both can be used in order to gather data for the project.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,455 Views)

Thanks so much for your reply t@nim@t0R, I've got the information needed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,438 Views)

Can you guide me on the single balancing example I couldn't find the program in my example finder?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,699 Views)

Hello,

The Single-Plane Balancing project is not a shipping example, but a sample project. So, instead of looking for it in the Example Finder, you can find it clicking Create Project after opening LabVIEW and searching among the Sample Projects as shown below.

Single-Plane Balancing Project.PNG

Hope it helps!

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,687 Views)

Thanks Mr Camilo V

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,679 Views)

Hi,

I am working with the Single Plane Balancing Example. I have a couple of questions and would appreciate your help.

1) I am trying to change the location positions in terms of degrees, for trail weight/balance weight locations. However, the program does not allow it and refreshes to the same default values every time I run the program. 

Can you please suggest what to do?

2) In my program design I have 10 locations and they are not spaced out in equal increments like in the example where the 16 locations have an angular separation of 22.5 degrees each. 

My first location is at 15 degrees from my reference point. Followed by 5 locations at a 20 degree increments. The next 2 positions are at a larger separation.

What would be the best way to proceed?

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,501 Views)