From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quanser DC Motor Control Trainer missing VI's for labview 2009

hey BingoCard

first of all, thank u so much for responding.

i want only simulation part, i think its regardless of the motor type?

this only , am i right? 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,115 Views)

Hi,

Yes. That's a good standard VI to simulate a direct-drive DC motor with no gearbox. The "K" in this case is the back-emf parameter (i.e, km) and "J" is the equivalent moment of inertia. 

P(s) = km / (Rm*J*s+km^2) 

FYI: See the DC Motor Modeling and Control resources for Quanser-NI systems posted at: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52064/en/

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,110 Views)

hey..

i referred  the given link and downloaded the whole DC MOTOR course, but i didnt get that simulation part. i am unable to implement that simulation part. please help me for this. it is necessary for my project. please

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,099 Views)

Hello,

The VI you posted above is fine for doing classic DC motor position control using a PD controller. I'm assuming this is from the tutorial:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/12944/en/

This was developed by NI. If you wish to run this particular VI then you should contact them directly. Take a look at some of the "Simulation" examples given in NI Example Finder (you can access this by going to Help | Examples in LabVIEW).

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,094 Views)

hi gentlemen, i have a qnet dcmct 1.0 with me i miss the souse vis in course wares 

can i get those basic example vis ZIP package 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,063 Views)

The QNET DC Motor Control v1.0 is no longer available so the VI's are no longer available on ni.com. Further, the QNET DC Motor has two version of the DC motor - REV 1 and REV 2. Can you contact your local NI technical support branch and send them your S/N? That way, we can identify what VI's you need.

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,058 Views)