From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quadratic Programming: Using Imin & Imax

Quick question about LabVIEW's Quadratic Programming VI (since the help for this particular VI is woefully unhelpful).  If I use the inequality constraint cluster, am I obligated to use both Imin and Imax?  

Right now I'm getting the {-20068: qpopt - equality constr main loop} error, but the equality constraint input is not connected to anything.  I am using the inequality constraint input, with D having size [m x n], Imin having size [0] and Imax having size [m].  Is having Imin and Imax sizes unequal a problem?  If so, what if I only have bounds in one direction?  The way that I've usually seen the inequality constraints formatted (and what Matlab's quadprog uses) is:

Ax <= b

where as LabVIEW formats the inequality constraints as:

Imin < Dx < Imax

How can the two be reconciled?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,481 Views)

Hi Keith,

If you don’t set up the constraints, they will have the default value of 0. I believe that you’ll need bounds in both directions, if not, one or the other could be set to 0, It’s important that the condition Imin < Dx < Imax is met.

Are you selecting also the correct instance of the VI? (IP or AS)

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,429 Views)

Hello, 

I have the same problem but I don't understand how to solve it. I have inequality conditions A and b but no Imin, D and Imax. I suppose A corresponds to D and Imax corresponds to b, but to what does Imin correspond? How can I plug in the condition Ax<=b into Labview quadprog?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,360 Views)