LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put the front panel of a vi to an ftp server

I have made a vi and i want to put the front panel of it to an ftp server.

I tried to do this with FTP Put File VI but I didn't manage to do that.

I think that the wrong part is at the remote path, because i don't know what to write.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,818 Views)

I don't quite understand what you're doing. Where is D2_v18b.html being generated?

Your code is a mess. You have way too many local variables (in several spots I see you write to the indicator AND to a local variable of that same indicator!). I also see numerous race conditions, which means your code is unlikely to work as you think it will.  I also see lots of code duplication, which means you should be creating subVIs. I would guess you have a background in text-based programming. I'm certainly not going to rewrite your code, but I would suggest you do, and you should look into an application design patterns like a state machine.

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 06-15-2009 09:17 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,791 Views)

What do you mean you want to "put the front panel of it to an ftp server".

If you want other people to be able to view/control the VI's front panel, you can publish the VI.

Under 'Tools' go to 'Web Publishing Tool'.

This way, you can access the VI's front panel from an internet browser.

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,778 Views)
And if you manually connect to the ftp server, your question about the path should be answered. You can use windows explorer if you like. You'll also quickly find out whether you are using the correct login and password.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,778 Views)

I am student of a university and i want anyone to have access in the front panel of a pc inside university. This pc can have access to a web server.

I tried to use  FTP Put File VI but probably i made a mistake.

Can anyone tell me how this put file VI works and if there is something else that i have to know?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,773 Views)

If you want the front panel of this VI to be accessed on the web, then this has absolutely nothing at all to do with FTP.

Open the LabVIEW help and search for the topic 'Web-viewing front panels (how-to)'. That's a good starting point. Search the help and board for 'Remote Panels' to get more information.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,770 Views)

So you tell me that if i use web server frorm my pc then anyone can see my front panel?

The site that i want to use is this type: 195.123.455.12/"something".

And somethink else. I have already something to this site. when the web server begin his use the other site will be erased?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,761 Views)

How many that can view and control your VI will depend on your license.

The remote panel requires the NI web server and it also requires that a remote user installs the LabVIEW run time engine on their pc.

I don't know how to use NI web server with another web server. Hopefully, someone else can answer that question.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,757 Views)

What i want to do is somethink like that http://www.el.teithe.gr/weather/default.htm

but with other measures...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,753 Views)
You can do whatever you want. Did you look over the documentation on remote panels as has already been suggested? Please read over the documentation, as it explains what you need to do, and how to do it. There are also several articles in the NI KnowledgeBase. Simply search for "LabVIEW remote panel".
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,745 Views)