LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse oximeter that read data from datasheet(.csv)

Hi everyone.

I am trying to make a school project with LABVIEW.

The main idea is to read data from datasheet(.csv) file and to show results in LABVIEW.

In LABVIEW i have to show pulse rate and oxygen level.

Do you have any ideas on how to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,590 Views)

Hi Gajo,

your teacher should have told you the basics for such tasks…

- To read spreadsheet data you will find ready-to-use functions in the file function palette.

- Index the data you want to "show" (aka plot) and wire them to the graph…

Hint: have the context help window open all the time. It will provide helpful comments!

In LABVIEW i have to show pulse rate and oxygen level.

How is this related to reading a file? You need to provide more information!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,585 Views)

Hi GerdW

I have to read data from datasheet. There will be no actual real time measurement. And then display results. Pulse rate and oxygen percent.

Assigment:

Realize a virtual instrument that will analyze the data obtained by pulse
Oximeter and recorded in .csv format. Calculate heart rate and  Oxygen saturation.

That is all that I know about project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,579 Views)

Hi Gajo,

I have to read data from datasheet

I already told you how to do that. What have you tried so far?

That is all that I know about project.

No, you know a lot more:

- you know the format of your CSV file. So you know how to parse it!

- you know the type of that "pulse oximeter" so you can read its manual and learn about the meaning of the recorded data.

- you know which kind of data you need to present, so you can read manuals/papers (or ask your teacher) to learn how to calculate them!

I recommend to start with a pen and some sheets of paper to draw/sketch an algorithm and to finalize the formulas you need to program…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,566 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I did some homework on pulse oximeter. I manage to make a vi that read a .csv file.
And I found some example of pulse oximeter but it reads values from DAQ cards.

As I mentioned earlier I have to read it from .csv(solved) and then procces those values and show heart rate and oxygen saturation. Can you help me with adjusting the program so it can process values that is collected from .csv file? I am sending you citanje_csv.vi(reading a csv file in labview) that I made and oksimetar.vi(pulse oximeter that reads value given by DAQ cards)

p.s. .csv file that I have to take values from is also in attachment

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,486 Views)

hi gajo9,

i guess part of the homework is to familiarize you with the presentation aspect of labview,

have a look at you Front Panel palette and find charts and graphs.

read up on them in the labview help.

after that play with them a little, and additionally look at the provided example vis regarding charts/graphs.

after that your homework will be done, i am sure of it

(also you could cheat and use the search function here in the forum)

learning how to debug your code, e.g. what tools to use would be the biggest win here.

as Gerd said already "ctrl+h" for the context help, and from there click the link to the long help.

find out what and where the "highlight execution" and "retain wire values" buttons are, and the execution-step-controls.

also how to use "probes" and "breakpoints"

regards

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,481 Views)

Hi Otis,

I know it's been a long time since this post but maybe you can help me.

I have to make a .vi that process data given by .csv file. I have saved voltage data from red and infrared diodes in excell (.csv) file. Now the problem is to process those files to get a heart rate and oxygen saturation. Can you help me with creating a vi ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,473 Views)

Do you want to post your algorithm?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,468 Views)

Hi gatorback

I am sending you a few attachments. First two are red and ir diodes voltages that I have to process. Third one is storing those data in labview. And the fourth one is real time pulse oximeter. I dont know how to adjust it to process data from .csv file.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,466 Views)

Hi Gajo,

please don't hijack old threads and stick with your own one!

I dont know how to adjust it to process data from .csv file.

Replace those "Analog input" ExpressVIs by subVIs to read the CSV files…

(I recommend to clean up that VI, remove the Rube-Goldbergs, obey LabVIEW style guide, reduce ExpressVI usage, implement your own algorithm using G, …)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,455 Views)