LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publising my VI on the web for several user simultaneously

Hello everyone, i don't have any problem with my VI, i've already created it but i want to publish it on the web, i don't think "web publishing tool" work for me, because what i want is that everyone who access to the page or server can control the VI simultaneously, i am very new in this theme but i have been searching for a long time for a resolution about this, without success.

The VI have images that can't be resizes (have this in consideration please), have like 7 numeric controls inputs and generates an excel, that i am thinking sending to the e-mail the user indicates, is this posible? it's what i am thinking but i don't know much about this theme, i read your suggestions.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,442 Views)

This isn't possible using the web publishing tool.  Controlling a VI in the silver light control that it create requires requesting to control the VI on each session.  This is primarily useful for debugging and interacting with RT hardware, which until recently had no UI.  

One option you might want to look into is the many 3rd party tools for generating web pages that interact with VIs running on a PC.  So far I haven't seen any that create a new web page for each user, but several allow for multiple sessions at once to the same VI.  My favorite is the one I've made several improvements to over on LAVA.  This generates an HTML5 compatible page which loads on any modern browser on tablets, smart phones, Linux, Windows, and Mac without any additional runtime installers.

Message 2 of 7
(3,399 Views)

Thanks Hooovahh i really apreciate your fast answer, i have a question about this method, because basically what i want to put on the web is like an "online game", where the user should give the inputs and the program will process the data and create an animation, so everyone who go to the page have the oportunity of "play it" (saying that way) so, there shouldn't be a problem if several users "play it" at the same time, i don't know if i'm explaining very well, my question is if in the method that you mentioned this is possible?.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,391 Views)

Thanks Hooovahh i really apreciate your fast answer, i have a question about this method, because basically what i want to put on the web is like an "online game", where the user should give the inputs and the program will process the data and create an animation, so everyone who go to the page have the oportunity of "play it" (saying that way) so, there shouldn't be a problem if several users "play it" at the same time, i don't know if i'm explaining very well, my question is if in the method that you mentioned this is possible...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,388 Views)

I do not know of any current LabVIEW solution that will allow you to create a web page that each session has a new unique view of.  If you do come up with something be sure and post it here.  Some of the new technology NI has been teasing for a while could work. "Port the LabVIEW run-time engine to JavaScript" is something mentioned at NI Week but hasn't been made public yet but would work for this situation.

Message 5 of 7
(3,367 Views)

From what I know, the task is not trivial.

For those with a budget, we do offer a product that does allow multiple users to interact with same VI on the web.

Spoiler
Technically multiple instances of the VI

Mike Porter and I developed the first version and ... well... it is like that song that Sally Struthers used to sing (when she was young and cute) "Look what they've done to my song Ma." (smiley-wink)

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 7
(3,354 Views)

@Ben wrote:

For those with a budget, we do offer a product that does allow multiple users to interact with same VI on the web.

Added to the list.

Message 7 of 7
(3,349 Views)