From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish front panel by webser, but another computer can not access it through web browser

Hi,

I'm usiang LabView 8.5. I used web server to publish my vi front panel. The computer running labview can access front panel by browser, but other computers in same intranet can not access the front panel by browser. Does anyone can give me any suggestion?

Regards,

Gman

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,389 Views)

When you say that other computers can't access the front panel do you mean:

a) They can't connect to your server at all- the browser has a Can't Find Server error

b) They can connect to the server but the web server won't return a web page or returns a 404 "File not found" error.

c) They can connect to the server and get the web page but the remote panel can't be displayed.

If the answer is A then the problem is probably related to DNS settings on your network or firewall settings on the server.

If the answer is B or C then LabVIEW is likely misconfigured.

Nathan

Message 2 of 9
(5,386 Views)
I believe that the remote computers have to have the LabVIEW Runtime Engine (or LabVIEW itself) running on them.  You can easily download the Runtime Engine for free from NI and install it wherever you want.  I think I heard that if you are using LabVIEW version 8.6, the Runtime Engine is not required on the remote computers, which is a big improvement.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,366 Views)

The runtime engine is still required in 8.6 to view remote panels in a browser.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,338 Views)

Thank you for your help. I figured out what's wrong: The Firewall in the host PC blocked the web publishing.

Gman.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,252 Views)

Hello sir,

my problem falls within the B and C category.How can i configure my labview?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,974 Views)

engine1713,

Hello! Here is some great information on setting up and configuring remote front panels for LabVIEW.

Also, here are some Knowledge base articles that talk about a few common Remote Front Panel issues.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Message 7 of 9
(4,954 Views)

I'm running Labview 2009 SP1. 

I had the same problem (EVS 1464RT web browser remote panel not showing on computers other than development computer)

I ran an installer that had a runtime deployment included on the non working computer. That fixed my problem

Thought this might help anyone wondering if 2009 SP1 still requires runtime engine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,704 Views)

If you can not connect from a computer off of your LAN, it might be your router.  You can only host form behind a router if your in the Port Forwarding Rage, and your internal IP is static (aka no DHCP).

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B1E9A3D78BAED949862573AD0065D4D2

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,656 Views)