LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish VI to the WWW

Simon P,

Yea. We assigned the Main Computer a static IP address, and we reserved one port for LabVIEW communication while we where using version 8.6. The port and labview were on the list of exceptions for the firewall. Therefore, while we were using 8.6 we were able to communicate with the client computer and back with no problem. After installing LabVIEW version 2012 is when we started to lose communication. I noticed that by default it LV 2012 uses port 8000, therefore I changed it to 80, and in the Web Configuration I also changed it to port 80. Unfortunately, I still have trouble communicating with the client. I don't know if there is a step that I'm missing, or if LV 2012 has a different procedure to do this...

Thank you. I appreciate the help,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(670 Views)

Greetings, Jose;

Since it was after the installation was done, have you added an exception to the firewall for LabVIEW 2012? I was thinking about this a bit, and would it be possible to simply shut down all firewalls for testing purposes and give the whole business a go?

Cordially;

Simon Perez

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(656 Views)

Simon,

I turned off the firewall, but I got the same result. I keep feeling that I'm missing a step... But I'm not sure.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(644 Views)

Greetings;

Since the firewall was completely turned off it must not be a matter of security then. I've done a bit of research on the issue itself and the following article popped up:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/506F10CAD6E21EA786256E3100653CDD?OpenDocument

However, it seems to be written mostly for VIs and not executables. Just a quick check, have you been able to give the business a try on another computer? That is to say, have you been able to use another computer as the server just for test purposes?

Cordially;

Simon P

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(614 Views)

Hello Everyone,

I am working on the same project, i want t publish my vi on web, so other PCs will be able to view it. Those PCs are far away and not connected to the same network of the host PC. 

By using the Public IP address in the Remote vi publish tool,  Can solve the issue here ??

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LsaSAE&l=en-AE

Or there is a different way to do so?

Thank you

Mohammad Fayiz

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(417 Views)

How much control do you have over the network?  This is actually a networking question as you need to find a way for the public IP address to be routable to your specific PC hosting the web server.  If you have control over the network, see if you can set up the router to forward port 8000.  Even that may not be enough to make it work as there may be other ports involved or firewalls blocking traffic.

If you are not in control of your network, then you will have to talk to your IT person.  At the end of the day, they might not let you do what you want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(402 Views)