LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish VI to the WWW

Steve,

I want to do both. I want to have about four VI's that can me monitored publicly, and one VI  (Main VI) that controls those 4 through the web. I know should add some security features to the Main VI so that only authorized people can log in and control the other VI's. Those security features I'm more clear on how to do them, but downloading data from the public VI's through the Main VI is one of thing that I'm not sure how to do is do.

The other thing that I'm having trouble with is that some of the information on the VI can't be seen when I open them on the web browser. I don't know if this is due to the VI having too much information to display of something else...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,238 Views)

Hi Jose,

I was wondering, have you considered using LabVIEW Web UI Builder? Web UI Builder is a great new tool for creating lightweight, web-based thin client applications with LabVIEW.

Just a thought! 

Regards,

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(1,226 Views)

I am working on web publishing tool since few months and everything going fine, but today a message appearing in the browser saying: "client does not have access to a specific VI", why? I do not know!. The Web Server is enabled, but the visible VI lists, in Web Server, is inactive: so I can not neither add visible VIs nor change the control time.

Please tell how to solve this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,212 Views)

Hi LFigo,

Thank you for posting on the forums! I just wanted to let you know that you might want to post this issue on a new thread because it seems to be different from the previous topic, and there are many LabVIEW enthusiasts who monitor new threads to see if they can lend a hand, but they don't typically pay as much attention to old threads. You might have a better chance of getting more help that way. Thanks!

Regards,

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,184 Views)

Hi

thanks a lot for your note.

Actually I do not know how to add new threads,   besides I want to change my name from LFigo to Sinan?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,176 Views)

Hi,

To change your name, log in to your NI profile here:

https://lumen.ni.com/profilemgr/modify/review

Under My Information, click Edit and change your Alias.

To post a new thread, go to forums.ni.com and click on LabVIEW. Then click on New Message and follow the on-screen directions.

Regards,

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 26
(1,163 Views)

Hello,

I was having trouble viewing the VI's on the web due to missing plugging, I downloaded the latest one and it looks promising. However, it doesn't seem to be downloading. I just get the blank page with the Downloading Panel and % then it goes blank. I tried the to open them in Chrome and Firefox, but I get the same results. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,147 Views)

Hi Jose,

Is this the plug-in you were trying to download, or was it a different one?

Regards

Nathan S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(1,137 Views)

Hello,

I had better results when upgrading my browser plug-in to the 2011 one. Now, I'm using 2012, since we upgrated to labview 2012. I have followed the instructions here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6F58D8300ACB743C862579F8006E2800, but the client machine says that the VI was not found in the server computer. I tried using the formats http://TargetComputerName:Port/VIname.html  and  http://TargetComputerIPAddress:Port/VIname.html, but I still get the same resutls.

If anyone has any idea of what I might be missing, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,092 Views)

Greetings, Jose;

After reading through the topic, I had a few questions. First, what kind of security settings does the master computer have? As in, is it possible that its antivirus or some such is blocking you from accessing the VI? Just to double check as well, no other program has the default Port reserved, right?

Simon P.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,064 Views)