LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish VI to the WWW

Hello,

My question might be simple, but I haven't found a straight answer yet. I have some VI's that we want to be able to view them through the we, but not JUST under the same network. We want to be able to publish them so that we can access those VI wherever we are. Currently I used the Web Publishing Tool, and I can see the VI's when I'm connected to the same network. But if I use another network, how can I access those VIs?

Thanks in advance.

Jose 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(4,493 Views)

Did you try this: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7503

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(4,480 Views)

I read this article a couple of times, but I'm still not clear in a lot of things. After I do the steps in the G Web Server article I get this messages from the G Web Server Front Panel:

2/15/2012 10:39:26 AM: Setting DocumentRoot to "/C/Program Files/National Instruments/LabVIEW 8.6/www" (C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\www)
2/15/2012 10:39:26 AM: ERROR "LVHTTP: could not open listener at port 80: error 60 (TCP Create Listener in HTTP Server)"

Note: Right now I'm just testing it with a VI that gives me time and date.

I talked to out IT guy and he told use we just need an IP and we should be good, but I can't seem to understand these features from LV enough to do what the IT guys is saying. 

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(4,453 Views)

Hello,

We have some executables that use the remote option from labview to display a program on a separate (client) computer. The client computer connects to the master computer through the executable vi's which use IP address and port number to connect to the master computer. Is it possible that by creating a public IP we can do the same thing through the internet and not intranet?

Jose

Message 4 of 26
(4,437 Views)

Jose,

I understand what a daunting task it can be to get web communication up and running. Try reading through a different tutorial or this FAQ and see if that answers some of the questions you have. Let us know how that works for you.

KyleP

KyleP
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(4,423 Views)

Hello,

I managed to figure out how to do this. I'm using a public IP and web publishing tool. However, I can't see the VI from another computer. Google Chrome says that there is no plug in available for the content. Internet explorer just sits there waiting of the content to load.

I know that some test VI's that I've used have been able to be seen from another computer using both Chrome and Explorer. But the official VI that I want to publish can't be seen. 

I anyone can help me with this, it would be most grateful. I  could give you the web address, but I don't know it it would be  risky.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(4,359 Views)

Have you installed the run-time engine on the PC's that are viewing the web page?  The reduced size run-time is here.

LabVIEW Run-Time Engine - (32-bit Web Browser Plug-in)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(4,352 Views)

Yes, 

I just did. Explorer tried to load the VI, but it crashed after a while. Google chrome still says it the plug in is not available.

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(4,349 Views)

Hello,

It seemed that the VI was too heavy. I separated it into 3 different VI's and now I can see all of them through the internet. Although I would prefer that it was one VI. I have tried various tricks to decrease the size and increase the efficiency, but so far no luck. 

Also, I might need to download logged data from the VI. Is this possible with LV?

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(4,331 Views)

Hi,

Are you making this VI to work as a Web service? 

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(4,309 Views)