Solved!
Go to solution

@Ben wrote:

Re: That path

See here

$35 for that thing.  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(592 Views)

@aputman wrote:

@Ben wrote:

See here

Thanks for pointing out I included the wrong link.

The correct link should be this one.

Re:$35

I think this may be only the second time I have been asked to include filler modules. But the customer wants them so I do what they ask.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(583 Views)

@aputman wrote:

@Ben wrote:

See here

I am sure the shipping box has that big red warning sticker about sensitive electronic equipment. 😄

(I remember back in the mid nineties receiving a plain NI DAQ cable with that sticker on the box :D)

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(571 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I do not think the documentation staff ever considered what you were trying as being possible let alone actually trying to do it.

See here

Ben's comment about the documentation staff was pretty funny, especially when you look at the original PDF document that he linked about the filler module.  It's a two-pager with the "module" weight and a page for contacting support, if needed.  Smiley Very Happy

I wasn't quite sure what it had to do with the topic at hand but I knew Ben had a reason.  Turns out I was wrong.  Smiley Very Happy

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(563 Views)

Altenbach,

I 100% agree!. There seems to be some MIS-perception of late in LabVIEW code I'm seeing newbie's write that use the Front panel controls and indicators as repositories of variables...and thus when trying to perform operations on the 'variables' they are using property nodes and references, instead of manipulating the data in/on the diagram.

This must be some residual from python or something...it's mind-blowing to a seaoned LV developer...

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(556 Views)

@MrJackHamilton wrote:

Altenbach,

I 100% agree!. There seems to be some MIS-perception of late in LabVIEW code I'm seeing newbie's write that use the Front panel controls and indicators as repositories of variables...and thus when trying to perform operations on the 'variables' they are using property nodes and references, instead of manipulating the data in/on the diagram.

This must be some residual from python or something...it's mind-blowing to a seaoned LV developer...

Regards

Jack Hamilton

It's not all that far-fetched from a 'classical' programming perspective.  If someone new to LabVIEW searches for information on 'variables' as they would be referred to in most other languages, they will find local variables, which of course are tied to front panel controls/indicators.  They could make the assumption this is how to store data in LabVIEW. If they want to access the (possibly changing) values of those variables in a subVI, then it makes sense to pass a reference to the control/indicator.

I'll admit I thought the same when I started using LabVIEW.  I think NI did people a disservice in some of their nomenclature.

Message 26 of 26
(528 Views)