LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property is supported in RT but will always return an error

@Sam_Sharp wrote:

From what I remember - UI-related property nodes do not work in remote front panels.

I am currently using Visible and Disabled property nodes with a RFP on RT controllers.  But they do return errors when there is no panel loaded.  Also, when a panel is reloaded (new RFP connection), all of the properties are reset to the default.  This is what I have obverved  in the last couple of months.  This is with LabVIEW 2015, so things may have changed over the years.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 14
(1,120 Views)

Okay I keep seeing more of these.  Can someone explain to me what "Available in Real-Time Operating System" means when it comes to properties?  I keep using methods that state they work in RT, with documentation which predates RT having monitors and displays, but these methods generate errors when used on RT.

Here is another one I ran into.  I know a front panel doesn't really exist, but I wanted to get the customized VI title if there was one on a VI and this property documentation from 2011 states it should work in RT

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvprop/vi_fp_wintitle/

But when I use it error 53 is returned and the string is empty.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(990 Views)

Hi Hooovahh,

Looking at the unsupported features for RT page, front panel properties like "window title" only work with a front panel connection. It is available in RT OS, but not in every single use case. 

Looking forward to your NI week session.

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(966 Views)

So the methods are available for RT...but can't be used on RT code.  I mean I get it, I understand why these don't work on RT code, I just couldn't understand what it meant by "Available" in that table.  Thanks.

BTW I'm excited for my presentation(s) too, see you there.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(959 Views)