LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Node of XY Graph

Hi,

What I need to do is have the 'File Path' names come up in the Plot Legend, or somewhere along the lines in the actual plot on the XY graph(in the Plot Legend would be best).  I created a Property Node referencing the XY graph and I think I set up all of the properties within it properly, but I don't know how to get just the text file names to come up in the Plot Legend.

Also, if its possible I'd like the *.txt to be left off of the text file names

Attached is the VI (that Dennis has already helped me with tremendously), and two text documents (keep in mind I am using six text files, but for timesake I'm only uploading two of them).

Thanks to any one who can address my issue... Smiley Very Happy
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,119 Views)
You need to select the plot# then update the Plot.Name property. Match pattern can help you strip the .txt

David

Message Edited by David Crawford on 11-14-2006 04:20 PM

Message 2 of 4
(4,108 Views)
This is getting to be a habit.Smiley Wink Here's a modified version of the VI. I put the property node inside the loop and set the name after doing a path to string conversion and stripping the '.txt'. I cheated a little by repositioning the legend. If you want in on the top or side, you will probably want to play around with the legend position. I added a read of this property so you can see what the values are as you move it around.
Message 3 of 4
(4,104 Views)

Thanks for the responde David...

Dennis, I had used the 'Path/String Converter' like you have but I didn't know to use the 'Search and Replace String'.  My Property Node was also not inside the 'For Loop' and I didn't have any of the 'Boolean' or 'Loop Iterations' connected to it.  I'll mess around with the legend positioning and I'll check out the values from moving it all around.

Once again, many thanks (and probably more to come) Smiley Wink

PS - "This is getting to be a habit...." - I figure I'd ask because it seems to come so easily and naturally to you, hope I'm not too much of a burden.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,086 Views)