LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Node delivers old Value (Labview 2016)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have an issue setting up a second y axis in a xy graph. There is a main vi, sending data and a graph reference to a sub vi that is supposed to do some calculations and build the graph. However, when I change the data and press run in the main vi, only the primary y axis is updated in both, main and sub vi. I have to press run 2nd time and then the second y axis is updated as well.

Using breakpoints and probes in the sub vi, I noticed that the program flow seems ok. Graph data is updated first and then it goes to the prop node but the prop node delivers the old values.

Attached you can find a simplified VIs showing the problem and a screenshot where you can see that the graph is already updated (y1.max = 3) while the property note still delivers the old value 14. (Main VI is main_tester.vi and sub vi is Plot_Kompression.....)

Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,080 Views)

Hi Hannesjo,

for me the VIs work as intended: the 2nd scale shows the range max of the 1st Y scale, multiplied by 3.

When I switch the dataset the scale gets adapted, too.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,056 Views)

Good to know. For me the problem persists. Is there anything like vi cache or so that could cause the problem? I just began to rebuild the vi, but the original one is quite large and complex so I was very happy to avoid that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,046 Views)

I believe you have something weird going on because of how the graph indicator in the SubVI is in the first frame. Stacked sequence structures are nothing but trouble... You already have the reference for the main graph going into the SubVI, just change its value by reference and the problem is fixed for me. See attached.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,044 Views)

I cannot load this since you used Labview 2017. I am sitting on 2016. Could you provide a screenshot of your changes?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,039 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hannesjo

I'm a derp, apologies.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,026 Views)

Oh holy.. You would not believe how long I already was trying to fix that. You did it. Thank you so much! 😊

Message 7 of 7
(2,003 Views)