cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Untitled 1.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am trying to connecte a stahl ER-300 instrument with labview. The Stahl is connected to my laptop via a convertor Serial/USB port.

When I run the program, I am getting  this error Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->Untitled 1.vi 

the driver of the convertor is well configurated and my laptop is reading it as a COM4 and I don´t understand why I am getting this error.

You will find attached the programme.  

I need your help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,520 Views)
Solution
Accepted by marwah1

The error says that an input parameter is invalid at the configure serial port VI....did you check you had wired up that node correctly?

Move the configure serial port VI down and....

2016-03-31_09-19-24.png

It's not wired! Wire the VISA resource name through the VI.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 7
(5,514 Views)

OH ! And I was looking for the error since 3hours now 😛 

Thank you. It's working

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,510 Views)

Well feel free to mark my post as the solution 🙂

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,502 Views)

I had same error, it is very intermittent with "Error -1073807246 Property Node (arg 1) in VISA Configure Serial Port".  I found when I close the VISA port and reopen, it generates error on VISA configuration. Waiting for few seconds will help, but the root cause is that the VISA configuration sometimes does not take "close and open" in short time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,087 Views)

You know the old joke about the person saying to the doctor, "It hurts when I do this," and the doctor replies, "Well don't do that then!"

Don't do it.  It's not VISA that is causing the error - it's whatever is connected to the serial port isn't resetting itself fast enough.  Why are you constantly closing, opening and reconfiguring the port, anyway?  You should configure it once, open it once, do all your stuff in between and then close it when you are finally done.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,084 Views)

What you are doing is analogous to calling someone up, saying a sentence, hanging up and then calling that person back with the next sentence.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 7 of 7
(5,083 Views)