From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project of my class

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello community, I want you to help me with a project, I would appreciate it very much, this project is about some seats in a cinema that when selecting them change the image of the seats and as well as each one of them, I have an example but it has to be different from that example, I would appreciate if you could help me with this project as it is very important, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,516 Views)

The way you described the requirement and stressing the urgency makes me assume that is some sort of school assignment or an internship project. Forum members are glad to help you learn stuff and guide you to achieve the results, this means that someone may or may not do the work for you (just setting the expectation right).

Now, coming back to your request, you have shared your VI in LV 2021 format which only a handful of forum members use, with that said now you're limited to those members to look at the VI and help you out.

If you would like a larger audience, I would recommend sharing the VI in LV2016 format (File->Save for previous version).

Based on your description, I feel that you just need to customize a boolean/button with different true and false decals - here are a few links related to button customization

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHctCAG&l=en-US

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019KxFSAU&l=en-US

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Custom-Button-Nugget/td-p/1564566

https://www.dmcinfo.com/latest-thinking/blog/id/8442/better-uis-in-labview-making-custom-image-butto...

If you already have images for selected and unselected seats, it is just a matter of updating the true/false decals of the button accordingly.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 9
(1,510 Views)

Good morning I had a doubt about how to connect an array with a two-dimensional pic ring inside with an array with two-dimensional booleans and that it change the image individually since the project consists of some seats in a cinema. I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,502 Views)

Hi there, 

It would be helpful if you could explain further what you intend to do and attach the VI so that we can look into it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,464 Views)

Hello, what I want to know is how to make a connection of the array of chairs with the array of booleans and when the boolean is activated, for example 1, the chair will be changed to image 2 of the array of chairs. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,456 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Storker001

Hi, 
Thank you for the VI attachment. 
I checked in the VI and noticed that the LED dimensions was set to 7.
Since your Pict Ring was in 2D, it is better to set it to 2D as well so that the data dimensions matches.

Also, since it is 2D array, you would need to use a For Loop twice to get the element within the Button value itself.

Once you get the Boolean value from the button, you would need to set a Case Structure that shows different values of the Pic Ring since each images in the Pic Ring corresponds to a value set in it. 

I made some changes to the VI, put it in the While Loop so that you can see the changes while running the code.

You can refer to the VI attachment. 
I hope this is the answer that you are looking for. 

Please give a Kudos and marked it as solution if this solves your question.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,438 Views)

Hi Storker,

it would have been nice to keep related discussions in one thread instead of starting the next thread for the very same problem!

@Valeria:

It would have been nice to discuss that "class problem" with your class mates before asking the very same questions!

@both of you: You forgot to attach the downconverted version of your VI as suggested by Santo…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,417 Views)

There is also a parallel discussion from a few days ago in the Spanish forum. probably one of your classmates.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,405 Views)

Thank you, I really appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,352 Views)