LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Save As is Grayed Out!

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to save Duplicate Heirarchy of project to new location (PC).

When I go File -> from the project window then the Save As is grayed and I cannot select it!

What is the problem??

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(10,108 Views)

Hi Battler,

This problem can be caused by having a locked VI or library contained within your project. I would recommend that you check the files stored within your project to see if any of them are locked. You can do this by right clicking on the file and selecting properties.

This must be caused by an item contained within the project. If none of the files are locked then the next process will be manually copying the files and adding them back to the project. After copying each file check to see if the 'save as' option is still greyed out. Whilst this is not an ideal solution it should fix the issue and will help narrow down what file is causing it.

Hopefully this will get you up and running.

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(10,079 Views)

Hi Aaron,

What do you mean "locked"?  It's a setting of the VI?

Do I have to go through every VI/file and dependancy?  It is a massive project!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(10,050 Views)

Yes, within the properties of each VI there is a option to lock the VI.

This can be accessed by right clicking on the VI and selecting properties. Then selecting Protection from the drop down menu. Ensure the VIs are set as unlocked within here.

If this doesn't work then we will look into this a bit further. Has your project got any real time or FPGA elements?

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(10,038 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem and I have Realtime and FPGA targets. Any idea what to do?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(9,944 Views)

Hey hazardous,

What version of LabVIEW are you using? I'm assuming you tried the troubleshooting steps listed above in this thread. Did those not fix the issue? 

Thanks,

Doug B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(9,924 Views)

Hi Doug-B,

thank you for this fast answer. I had to delete instr.lib in my project.

So everything is fine no.

Have a nice weekend!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(9,909 Views)

FWIW to anyone coming across this thread, I had grayed out save as on everyrthing, apparently caused by a background vi. When I shut down everything and brought it up without executing, the save as was back everywhere.

Message 8 of 19
(8,452 Views)
Thanks for providing another case. This is a good way to add onto an old thread.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(8,434 Views)

I still have this problem for a project; grayed out project File -> Save As.  I am trying to rename a project.  I don't open or run any of the any VIs prior.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(7,883 Views)