From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Opening -> Crash

Hey all,

i'm in the process of rewriting a currently procedural project/application to an oop one.

The problem is,that i can't open the project anymore on this pc and another one. So i tried to create a new project, adding the ethernet rio and the files i created previously. Everything was working fine until i again closed and reopened the project, then the same error occurs.

For testing purposes i installed the trial version of labview for macs on my macbook and there the project loads without an error.

Then i thought about updating labview (2012 to 2012 SP1), but this didn't change a thing.

Attached you will find the project with all dependencies.

I hope you can help me with this as i couldn't make any progress in fixing this error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,364 Views)

You used the word "Crash", and "error", but haven't mentioned "what" crashed and what the error was. Can you be more specific? Have these problems started occurring directly after you made a specific change to your code?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,361 Views)

Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) bei EIP=0x01439A08

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,357 Views)

in 2010 SP1 i've had some occassional project issues. opening the project file in a text editor and deleting the dependencies section usually fixed it. however, i think most of the bugs i was encountering here have been fixed in 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,342 Views)

So the LabVIEW IDE itself is crashing.

I've taken a look at your Project and the crash is coming from the Ventil class from inside the "Klassen" folder.

If I remove the 4 Ventil... files and load V2-Neu.lvproj then it loads fine (skipping the obvious missing dependencies).

If I replace these dependencies then it accepts them, but you can't reload the project without the same crash.

I would suggest you try re-creating these Ventil class files, maybe that will help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,339 Views)

I see that Ventil class inherits from BoolSuper class.

This is ordinary, of course, but are you trying to do anything particular/unusual with your class structure?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,336 Views)
Just structuring my project as I would in other languages. I will have other modules that inherit from BoolSuper, so this is the way for me of making sure I am using the correct module and port in the Ethernet rio.

Besides that, I'm not doing anything unusual with these.

streppel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,311 Views)