From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming NXT MINDSTORMS to work with Tetrix motors We are FRC team, I need to

Programming NXT MINDSTORMS to work with Tetrix motors

We are FRC team, I need to use Tetrix Servo and DC motors for lego Mindstroms. But whatever I connect the motors according to the instructions, and then try programming the motors through the NXT using the LV version 8.6 witch We have from FRC 2011 Download the The LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT, download LEGO MINDSTORMS firmware    , it doesn't success.   How do I get them to work with programming  LV version 8.6

My question is it possible to configure the brick of LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT with Tetrix motors, and who ??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,197 Views)

Hello meshka,

Yes it is possible, but you need to be sure that the software/firmware you downloaded are compatible versions on your development(host) computer and the brick (client), can you list them here? Looking in the NI License Manager should list them. There were many improvements on the Tetrix API between LabVIEW 8.6 and 2009 but there still is a set of VIs to do this, here is the help document on it(disregard it's for 2009). There is a TETRIX Move DC Motors.vi I would look at first.

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,178 Views)

Still confusing .

As I understand from
your attachment  this is a
LabVIEW 2009 LEGO
MINDSTORMS NXT Module Help
. It is not compatible with software  LV version 8.61.

My question is : What I need to programmed the motors through the NXT and to configure the
NXT block.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,164 Views)

Hello Meshka,

I was able to dig a bit deeper and unfortunately found that support for Pistco TETRIX wasn't added until LabVIEW 2009. Check this article, LabVIEW Add-ons for LEGO® MINDSTORMS® NXT, it says that there was support for Mindstorms added as a toolkit for LabVIEW 7.1.x - 8.6.1, but for 2009 and later it is now it's own Module that was upgraded to include Tetrix support. You will have to upgrade to LabVIEW 2009 and then can try out an evaluation version.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,122 Views)