From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programme written in 6.1 is not writing to file in 7.0

The programme written in 6.1 was designed to write data into file but i have installed labview 7.0 now and the same programme is not writing to file.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,693 Views)
You'll probably have to give a lot more information in order for us to be able to give you much help with this one. One thing to look into is whether the program is using a hardware interface such as data acquisition. If it is you may need to install DAQ support for LV 7.0 or support for another hardware interface. If you haven't already run the driver CD after installin LV 7.0 it is a good idea to do so. You should also make sure your program handles errors properly (has all of it's VIs connected with error clusters and an error handler at the end), VIs without proper error handling are very tough to troubleshoot.

Regards,
Ryan K.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,692 Views)
Hi,
Here is the detailed information.
I am running this Labview VI for collecting data through a network analyser and controlling motion of motors through DAQ card. I have already run the cd of drivers given with Labview 7.0
The exact subvi used for writing file is the hp8720 collect data. This thing has been installed in the Laptop with version 6.1 of Labview. What I have done is that I have taken the same programme and changed its algorithm in Labview 7.0 on a different comp and copied the file back. Then I installed labview 7.0 on the Laptop and tried running the new programme. But everything is working except the writing to file. Error handling has been put up and the message I get is Error reading/writing from/to file. Check file name.
Kindly h
elp out.

Regards,
Harshat
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,692 Views)
the errror code that i am getting is d-1300

the hp8720 network analyser was installed with the previous setup. Can it be that I have to install it with th enew Labview??? For now I have just copied the directory hp8720 from the Labview 6.1 instr directory into the corresponding diresctory of Labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,692 Views)
There is an updated version of that driver for LV 7.x:
http://zone.ni.com/idnet97.nsf/9b2b33e1993d877786256436006ec498/99fd4a9bfc561ba7862568ab005fbb48?OpenDocument
You also might make sure that your VI isn't pointing to a dir which doesn't exist on the new comp. Try just having it log to c:\ or something to test it out.

Regards,
Ryan K.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,692 Views)
The link you have sent for the newer version is Hp8753x file. WE have a hp8720c network analyser here.

I also set the default directory to c: in the hp8720 collect and write data vi but still the same error d1300 Error reading/writing to/from file. Check file name.

Work is really stuck because of it. Do u have any more suggestions???

Regards,
harshat
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,692 Views)
Also, is there any other way I can use Labview 7.0 to write data acquired through a Hp8720 network analyser to a data file on the comp.

Regards,
Harshat
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,692 Views)
If you look at the models supported by that driver the 8720C is in the list. If that's not the driver you are using then you must be using one developed by Agilent or in house, you might want to figure out who developed the driver and then ask them about it.

Regards,
Ryan K.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,692 Views)
Well, I'm not sure what driver you are using, but you should certainly just be able to get the data back in a waveform or an array and then write it to file using Write Spreadsheet File or the Waveform File I/O VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,692 Views)
Thanks for the help. The problem is resolved. Actually the reason of error was very trivial. The calibration file that is used by hp8720 was there in the first Labview directory and not in the second one. Hence the error but thanks for your help.
Regards,
Harshat
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,692 Views)