LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically set an an executable to run as startup (Startup on windows boot)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to set an executable application (LabVIEW built) as a startup in windows programmatically. Ideally I would like this to happen right after the installer installs the program on the system. I have found the NI knowledgebase about how to do this manually.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YIRwCAO&l=en-IN 

But, I want this to happen automatically with the installation process. I would like something like the posit install action. There is a "Run executable at the end of installation" option in installer properties in the LabVIEW project. Is there anyway this could be made use of?

djac91_1-1629295770554.png

Another option is to use the registry method described in the above link and create registry keys using the installer properties page. But in this case, how do I get the actual installation directory path that the user chooses while running installer?

djac91_0-1629295741905.png

Regards

Djac

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,677 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author djac91

Think this is what you're looking for. As far as running the executable automatically right after installation, don't know anything about that.

Spoiler
FireFistRedhawk_0-1629296656594.png

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

Message 2 of 3
(1,672 Views)

Thank you! That was pretty straight forward, but went unnoticed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,666 Views)