From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically change cRIO scan engine IOV scaling

Has anyone created any vi's that can do this?  I have located the config.xls files on the cRIO that specify the scaling parameters and this can be changed by parsing and modifiying the xml data but it would be very nice to have a ni approved tool or api to handle this.  In the real world, a system needs the ability to change scaling of xducers.  For example when a pressure transducer goes out for calibration you need a way to easily change the scaling without having to rebuild the rtexe.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,173 Views)

Hi sachsm,

I would recommend checking out this example.  If you dig in, you'll see property nodes and methods for creating your own variables programmatically.  It'll also give clues about what parameters we can change.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5929

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,140 Views)

What I would like to be able to do is modify IOV scaling on a target cRIO without using the LV development tools.  As I mentioned it is possible to do this by reading the variable .xml file on the cRIO which contains the definitions of all IOV's including scaling. I could certainly write a vi to parse this file and effecttively change the scaling.  Then upon reboot, the scan engine would apply the new scaling.  I was just wondering why NI does not address this use case.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,133 Views)