From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatically Replace a front panel control with a ctl file on disk

I have some ctl files saved programmatically using vi scripting. Now I want to be able to read those in and replace a front panel control. Note that I have successfully used a static vi reference and the “replace  invoke node” to achieve this but in that case I must  first “browse to the path” of the ctl file before running the program.  In this case you need to consider that the ctl files need to be both created and loaded at run time to replace a front panel control.  

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,267 Views)

Attach your ctl file as well as VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,239 Views)

Sagar. This is a generic question. Use any ctl file on disk you want. But load in that ctl and replace any front panel control of similar type. Just do so with out creating a static reference because I want the path assignment ( path to ctl on disk) to be done programmatically. I think that’s clear. Assume there is a “clean sheet” and tell me how you would do that 

[BADGE NAME]

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,221 Views)

Use Open VI Reference.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,199 Views)