LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic change in multicolumn listbox value ignored by internal key event handler

The attached LabVIEW 8.5 vi demonstrates a problem I noticed using multicolumn listboxes.  Upon changing the value (selected row) of the listbox programmatically, the very next press of the up or down arrow key behaves as if the value was never changed.  For example, if the 3rd row is selected and then the listbox value is changed programmatically via a local variable or the value property to select the 0th row, pressing the down arrow key should now select the 1st row, but instead the 4th row is selected.

A workaround is to handle the Key Down? event myself as I've demonstrated in the attachment, but if this is a bug, I hope it can be corrected in a future release.

Larry
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,392 Views)

If i remember correctly, this is a bug and it has been reported recently.

Someone had publish a work-around demo vi, too. Do a little search for it, if you need it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,375 Views)
Hi Larry,

Pnt is correct and this is a known bug and relates to how the current row/ active row is handled when changing the values programmatically.  Perhaps if you post your code we both can have a look and provide additional guidance.

Alternatively this forum post is related to your work around for using the event handler.

Regards,
Rishi L
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,356 Views)