From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmable Y-Axes in Waveform Chart

In an application, there is a need for me to display multiple trends of  parameters ( as selected by the user ) in the same waveform chart. Just see the enclosed sample VI.

In that for each of the 3 Channels in the Y-Axis, I want to programatically change the,

A. Span of the Y-Axis scale
B. The tick mark intervals

Have been exploring the property nodes but have not been able to make any progress. Maybe I am missing something. Can someone tell me if its possible at all to do what I want to do ?

( I am using  LV7.1 + Win_XP)

Thanks

Raghunathan

Message Edited by Raghunathan on 09-07-2005 01:44 AM

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)
Hi

Basically what you want to do is possible, using the property-node (see the example). The problem is that you have to create the y-scales manually, which is a little bit uncomfortable if you have a dynamic number of scales.
Anyway - you can create a new y-scale by right-clicking the first scale and select "duplicate scale".

In the example I create two additional scales, which can be toggled visible.

Hope this helps.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3
(2,208 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for the guideline. I have enclosed the VI after a small addition to include the Span value.

I guess that this is the only way to change the scale parameters - one at a time by selecting that scale as the active one.

Maybe some more work will be needed to make it more user friendly.

Regards

Raghunathan

PS : I have been bold  enough... 😉

Message Edited by Raghunathan on 09-07-2005 02:21 AM

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,202 Views)