LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programatically figure out if my PC and cDAQ chassis are on DHCP or Static

Hello Community,

I'm trying to figure out how to programmatically determine if my PC and cDAQ chassis are on DHCP or static. This will help me make my IP change application for cDAQ chassis more solid in case PC and cDAQ are not same network. 

Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Jatin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,923 Views)

Hi ackatharotiya,

Have you checked the Community Example yet? 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Programs/Programmatically-Change-Network-Address-of-cDAQ-9188/ta-p/...

Once you download it, you should be able to change the Property Node values to read. And leave only the IPAddrMode option. Just as shown in the picture below: 

Screenshot_28.png

After doing so, you'll simply need to input the IP of the device (either your PC or DAQ) you want to know if its DHCP or Static. 

Regards and good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,888 Views)

Hey Moacir,

First of all thanks for your reply. I did check the community example that you mentioned in the link. The issue is when I get the IPAddressMode from the property node, it gives me the mode for my laptop instead of the cDAQ chassis. That helps me with my PC's IP setting but I still couldn't figure out the IP setting for cDAQ. Is there a glitch or I'm doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,875 Views)

Hi ackatharotiya,

Could you please try the attached following example?  I was able to retrieve the IP from RIO controllers with no problem using this VI. 

By the way, what is your cDAQ chassis version?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,863 Views)