LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program move to win Vista from XP

Hi,

I have LabView 2012 on the win XP 32bit and my program goes. But I move program to win Vista 64bit (program 32bit) and program execute only when I click on hightlight execution and immediately click to turn of hightlight. When I run a subvi in the program, this one execute right, but in the whole program not execute and still waiting for the answer from "Visa Write". The answer will not come at all.

Also I tried build application (exe), but the same problem.

May be is problem with migrate between 32bit and 64bit system or with win Vista, but I don't know.

I'll be glad for any help and advice.

Michal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,077 Views)

@Michalph wrote:

Hi,

I have LabView 2012 on the win XP 32bit and my program goes. But I move program to win Vista 64bit (program 32bit) and program execute only when I click on hightlight execution and immediately click to turn of hightlight. When I run a subvi in the program, this one execute right, but in the whole program not execute and still waiting for the answer from "Visa Write". The answer will not come at all.

Also I tried build application (exe), but the same problem.

May be is problem with migrate between 32bit and 64bit system or with win Vista, but I don't know.

I'll be glad for any help and advice.

Michal

I think you've confused yourself.  The problem is more likely to be because your VISA resources (NOT Vista) are not set up the same from one computer to the other.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,047 Views)

Thank you for your answer.

VISA set up correctly. SubVi work right separately. I have problem, when I insert this SubVi into whole program.

Michal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,035 Views)

Post your VI's.  It must be something about the way you are trying to use the subVI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,033 Views)

I'll post VI next week.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,013 Views)