LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profibus slave module can't be detected in cRIO 9068

Hi, 

I installed a new profibus slave module in the slot 1 of cRIO9068 8-slot chassis. The driver along with the profibus module has been installed also on the NI engineering station.  Now I have serveral issues: 

1) First, when I tried to discover and add profibus module to the slot 1 under FPGA, it is shown that this module is not supported by my labview ( 2013) and cRIO (9068). Why is that?

2) I can't find example from vi.library or Comsoft. When I clicked the profibus slave example from comsoft, it bascially asks me to navigate to the project example ( I assume that the example is actually not existing). How could I find the examples?

3) The manual from the CD with the profibus module has older version than what I can download from website. (V1.1/03.03.2010 and V2.0/22.10.2013). Why versions are different and which one should I use. ( My OS is windows 2008) 

3) In the manual, it is mentioned that " Check with NI MAX the proper installlation of the cRIO system). I didn't find the related documents to help me to identify the related software I need to install to make the profibus slave module working in slot 1. Could you provide the details about the needed software? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,257 Views)

Hi Mark2014Labview,

Have you looked at the Setting Up the CompactRIO PROFIBUS Module guide? This is very helpful for getting started and walks through the process setting up the hardware and starting with the examples. There is also a helpful guide on the Comsoft software setup.

If these do not help, I would suggest posting in the Industrial Communications forum as you may receive better responses there for PROFIBUS related questions.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,202 Views)

Hi David,

I just figured it out this morning. The CD shipped with profibus module has outdated driver and can't support the new 9068 chassis. I have downloaded the latest version and successfully detect the module. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,191 Views)