LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profibus and OPC questions

Hi,
I need to communicate from Labview to a Siemens S7 PLC via Profibus and I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have any recommendation on using the Siemens Prifibus PCI card/OPC server or Applicom PCI card/OPC server or other make?

2. What is the best way to communicate from Labview? To an OPC server by datasocket(I seem to see a lot of comments about Labview not being a very good OPC Client when using datasocket!), or to an OPC server by ActiveX automation, or by ActiveX controls?

Any help is appreciated!!

Sal
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,584 Views)
______

Hi,

1. I have had customers using Applicom cards and OPC Servers without much problem.. overall, they're pretty good.

2. For OPC in LabVIEW, LabVIEW Datalogging & Supervisory Control (LVDSC) module is the way to go! LVDSC is an add-on module which you can install on top of your LabVIEW. It provides native (non-datasocket) OPC support. In addition, it also provides features typically required by a datlogging and supervisory control application, like historical logging and trending, alarming, security, etc. Check it out:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=10418〈=US

Hope this helps.
Rgds,

Khalid 🙂

______
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,584 Views)