From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producing data to a loop with an event structure

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm relatively new to Labview programming (as will be seen in my program below). I found a vi online that collects data from a 9237 bridge analog USB card. That is the top portion of the vi is what collects the data. The original place the output in a graph, but I have changed it to a numeric indicator.

The lower portion I'm trying to have the operator use the start, stop, reset buttons to interact with the system. I used an event structure to do this. Every this works well, except for the event that the value of the load cell data (from above loop). I want it to act on the new value continuously, but it only acts one time. All other features work fine. Can someone explain how I would best accomplish this?

Any help would be apprciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,037 Views)
Solution
Accepted by jonrie1

Why are you using a queue to pass the data from one loop to the other?  The reason it only works one time is that the lower loop will wait until an event has occurred.

I would eliminate the queue.  Wire the Total into a property node for Total Value (signalling).  That will trigger the event case for the Total: Value Change event to fire.

Don't read from property nodes in the upper loop when you have the indicators and wires right there to read from.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,030 Views)

Additionally, this below is a no-go:

StopVI.PNG

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,028 Views)

Actually the producer/consumer with the queue was a recommendation by one of the ni techs when I called for tech support. I originally had a property node but I was using Value, not Value (signaling). You suggestion did the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,013 Views)