Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producer/Consumer Architecture

PST data logger trial 2.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,622 Views)
Hi,

I was able to see what you were referring to with your error. The best thing to do is to coerce the enums into the proper numeric types by inserting numeric conversions between enums and the input terminals of formula nodes.This problem is rare and happens under certain circumstances only. You can also refer to this dicussion forum which talks about the same thing.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,569 Views)

Karunya,

Thank you. I am unsure how to do this. Could you ammend the attahced VI and highlight the changes.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,544 Views)
VI attahced this time
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,543 Views)
I have managed to get the code working, but still can't get the writing speed up to the desired readings per second. I was told in another post, that if I changed to a producer consumer architechture that this woudl sort out my logging rate problem. I have set both loops to 25ms, however on my datafile I am only getting around 10 readings per second. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,525 Views)
The wait functions only guarantee that the loop will take at least that long to iterate.  If the data reading or processing takes 100ms, the loop will only iterate at 10Hz.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,521 Views)

yes Jeff, however I was told that if I changed to the producer consumer architecture that the update rate wold improve. Link to previous correspondance below:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=308173#M308173

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,519 Views)
Please find a copy of the top level VI attached. Am I doing something wrong which will affect my logging rate?
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,517 Views)
It looks like Ben said it would have a chance of improving, but without being able to see about seven of the SubVIs, it's hard to tell how long they may be taking also.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,516 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,515 Views)