LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with time delay between mic input and output

Hi guys,

Im currently working on a hobby project to use labview to apply audio effects and other things to audio signals that aree inputted via the soundcard and outputted via the same soundcard.

Im currently just in the beginning of this and I'm to use the mic input and output as basic devices for an initial test that I can get the signal to propagate.

There are no effects on the signals at the moment so I just want the mic input to go straight to the speakers, however there is a slight delay between input and output of about half a second, and this just won't do in a performance enviroment.  Is there any way to get rid of this? is it a hardware problem or something I can do in Labview?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,943 Views)

How data are you trying to acquire at a time from the sound input before passing to the sound output?  You are dealing with the time it takes for the hardware to acquire your slice of sound, then process it, then write it out to the sound output.

If you acquire smaller slices of sound, it would appear to be less delayed.  But you will always have some delay because it is going to take some clock cycles for the CPU to pass the data from input to output.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,942 Views)