LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the HP 1441A using the 33120A VXI pnp driver

Hi,

I am building a VXI system which incorporates the HP1441A Arb. I am using the 33120A/1441A VXIpnp driver (within LabView 6) and am having some 'issues' with it.

I am able to see my instrument in the Visa Assistant screens and am able to run a soft front panel but when I try and run any of the instrument control VIs I get the following error code

Error Code:BFFF0013

hp33120a Initialize.viDriver Status: (Hex 0xBFFF0013) VI_ERROR_INV_ACC_MODE: Invalid access mode

In LabView I am able to get a VISA reference for the instrument (although it will still produce the above error). I have closed all other VISA references and nothing is accessing the instrument whilst I am controlling it via LabV
iew.

Help!

Thanks in advance
Marlon
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,511 Views)
Hi,

I guess the two instruments have a similar command set. I am also guessing that you are using the standard VISA type instrument driver for the 33120A and not the IVI.
You will have to switch of the Query because the query string returned will have 33120A related text. This should get you passed the Initialisation.

Have you not tried Agilent web site for a HP1441A driver?

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,511 Views)
Thanks Ray, thats the second time you have helped me!

The HP 1441 driver is not the best I have seen, it doesnt let you access the Arbitrary waveform functions that the 33120A driver does. Agilent themselves told me to use this driver if I was creating my own waveforms.

However its not all bad news......

I noticed that the main version of VISA (in c:\winnt\system32\..)on the machine was the agilent VISA. I reinstalled NI VISA and then the agilent into side by side and switched the NI Tulip setting in the NI VISA passports and hey presto all of my instruments were now talking as they should. Its just strange that all of my other instruments worked fine apart from this one?

Thanks again for your help
Marlon
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,511 Views)