From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with taking the mean of acquired analog waveform.

Hi everyone. I'm a LabView Newbie and am writing a simple routine to read analog input from a PC-1200 board using the AI Acquire Waveform VI. However, I find that I cannot take the mean of my acquired waveform using the Mean VI. Has anyone encountered this problem. Any possible solutions? Thanks in advance and I'm happy to clarify any issues. --Kay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,755 Views)
I'm assuming that you're using LabVIEW 6.x. In that case, AI Acquire Waveform returns a waveform datatype. To get the 1D array that Mean.vi expects, use a Get Waveform Components function on the output of AI Acquire and select Y (the data values of the waveform). This will give you the 1D array you need.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,755 Views)
Thanks for your response Dennis, I am using Labview 5.01 not 6...do you know how I can do this in labview 5? Also, I also have the reverse problem i.e. need to obtain waveform as input for the ac-dc estimator VI from a 2-D array. Thanks for your help so far.

-kay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,755 Views)
If your're using 5.x, then Ai Acquire Waveform should return a 1D array that you can feed directly to the mean function. What exactly is the problem you're having?

As to the second question, use Index array to get a 1D array from a 2D.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,755 Views)