LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with opening VI- Snippets

Solved!
Go to solution

I start a new thread to not "fringe" the original one, where I asked this question off-topic. In this answer pincpanther included a snippet which I'm not able to open, like many others (even my own). To be clear, not open means, it appears as an image on my BD.

Im working on a PC with Windows 10, using Firefox and LabVIEW2019 32bit.

As Yamaeda already suggested, my normal way of opening a snippet is to drag it from the browser to the desktop to make it a local png- file, then dragging it into the block diagram window of a newly created VI. The way over the context- menu (save image as...) doesn't work either. On the other hand e.g. this snippet works for me.

What could be the difference and do you experience the same problems?

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,082 Views)
Solution
Accepted by daveTW

Don't right click the image in the thread and save to desktop.  First click on the image, and within the preview window, click the download image button. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,065 Views)

The snippet that works for you was probably put into that thread at the time the original topic was created. Somewhere in between then and now NI upgraded the forum software and suddenly pictures got "sanitized" on upload to probably remove potentially malicious payloads. Since the VI resource is embedded in the PNG image under a custom resource ID, the sanitizer seems to consider it a potential thread and simply removes it.   Apparently there is no way to configure this sanitization in the current forum software platform so NI wasn't able to fix this issue so far. Supposedly they are looking with Lithium for a solution, but those web designer folks tend to care more about fancy shining buttons and state of the art but unusable layouts than functional aspects of a web platform.

There used to be a pinned message in this forum that asked users to append snippets instead of embedding them in the post but that apparently has been removed recently.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 7
(3,055 Views)

>> Don't right click the image in the thread and save to desktop. First click on the image, and within the preview window, click the download image button.

OK, this worked for me.

And Rolf, you must be right, because this fancy "view image" - window makes it more complicated, shows the originally sharp image blurred and doesn't show the "download"- button until you click it. Smiley Indifferent

Download.png

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,017 Views)

If you press inspect element you'll see the image URL is something like this:

src="/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/251393i84AB8158CD9D8F6C/image-size/large?v=1.0&px=999"

If you copy the image part:

/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/251393i84AB8158CD9D8F6C

And paste it into a browser you get the original image.

What happened to the sticky post about this?

Message 5 of 7
(3,014 Views)

@daveTW wrote:

>> Don't right click the image in the thread and save to desktop. First click on the image, and within the preview window, click the download image button.

OK, this worked for me.

And Rolf, you must be right, because this fancy "view image" - window makes it more complicated, shows the originally sharp image blurred and doesn't show the "download"- button until you click it. Smiley Indifferent

I get the same missing button images, both in Firefox and Chrome but I'm used to it now and I know which one is Download.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,008 Views)

@aputman wrote:

I get the same missing button images, both in Firefox and Chrome but I'm used to it now and I know which one is Download.

The admins are aware of this issue: Blank image download buttons, etc.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,990 Views)