LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with communication Ethernet between labview and eurotherm EPC3008

Hello,

I am trying to control a thermal regulator : Eurotherm EPC3008 with LabVIEW 2017 but I have trouble to create the communication between the software and the instrument. The instrument is connected to a laptop with an Ethernet cable.

With a dedicated software (itools) I can communicate with the instrument, so the link seems to work.

But when I try to check the communication with labview thanks to NI-MAX, the Ethernet connection is never found. Whereas another instrument is directly found with a RS-232 connection. So I tried to add a new instrument with NI-MAX with the IP of my instrument but it is still not working. Even with NI-VISA I cannot find my instrument.

Thus I am wondering if I am missing some drivers but there are none for eurotherm EPC3008 on ni.com. 

Does someone have a clue to detect my instrument to use it with labview ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,570 Views)

Hi Tdefromo,

I could not find the LabVIEW driver for your sintrument either. According to Eurotherm website, you can directly make a LabVIEW driver request to them :

https://www.eurotherm.com/labview

Otherwise you can also try to copy a driver that was made for another Eurotherm instrument like the Eurotherm 3208. It may help.

Then you can troubleshoot the communication with your instrument using this tutorial :

Getting Started with Instrument Control

I hope it helps!

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,538 Views)

Thanks for the answer. The problem was a wrong port number while creating the connection with NI-MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,525 Views)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,524 Views)