Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with PCI-7811R after LabVIEW upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gary7811

This would be the prefered order, also please remember to do a restart after each install, and ensure no NI hardware is connected.

1) LabVIEW base
2) LabVIEW f3 patch that is recommended when I do the initial install
3) LabVIEW Service Pack 3

4) FPGA Module
5) DAQmx 9.2.3
6) NI-RIO 3.5.1

It will also be ok to install the FPGA module from the LabVIEW 2009 CD pack.

Hope it all goes well for you!

Kind Regards,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(715 Views)

Great. All that is working fine now.

One final little question. A colleague of mine is interested in buying an FPGA card too. He requires a similar sort of specification to the 7811R. Would you recommend he buys that one or is there a new model available which has better support/drivers?

Cheers,

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(691 Views)

I would suggest maybe to go for the higher spec PCI-7813R, which has some additional support drivers.
Is your colleague in the UK or Ireland? If he is and it is possible could you pass me his details in a private message and I could then refer him to a field sales enigneer that could provide further aid.

Many Thanks,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(687 Views)

Thanks. Yes, he works in the UK. I'll direct him to this thread and, if he feels he needs more information, send you his contact details.

Gary

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(682 Views)

So, this board is still being sold but is not supported by the latest driver? Why is that? Looking at the the software support chart, it does not specify what is dropped from support. I would rather see separate drivers for each board that works as long as you use the board. The one driver fits all has a lot of drawbacks to the end user.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(615 Views)

It is supported by the latest driver. I think there was some problem with the order in which I upgraded the various components or something like that.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(608 Views)

Great. I am using the 7830R under LabVIEW 2009. I was getting ready to order some more to duplicate our stands.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(605 Views)