From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in using Application Builder to Build a exe file with Report generation Toolkit

Hello,
It's my first time to build exe. But I have Problem  when the VI have Report Generation toolkit VI.
It's no problem in VI Format , But It can't work when I build as EXE format
Can Anyone help me, and state step clearly in how to  solve the problems?

Thank you!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,727 Views)
What are the problems that you have, and when do they occur?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,715 Views)
Hello, the problem is that it can't create excel file and no data in the excel file.
But it's OK in PURE VI, before Build the file as EXE file.

I tried the labview example to build EXE, it's only OK for the VI written as Active X.
But it could not work for the VI making by Report generation Kit.

I'm using LV7.1, MS Office 2000 Standard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,708 Views)
If the code works OK in the development system but not in an executable there are a few things you can check. The two most likely causes are:
  1. There is an error occuring that your code isn't reporting.
  2. There is a file path that under the executable isn't valid.
First make sure that all the error clusters are daisy-chained together in the subVI that you wrote to create and populate the excel file. Next make sure that the end of that chain goes to an indicator on the VI's front panel.

Second, make sure there are indicators on other key parameters like the path the file is trying to write to.

Third, temporarily modify the VI properties of that excel IO VI to open it's front panel when called, and rebuild your application. The next time you run the application the front panel will open when you try to write to the excel file and you should be able to see what is happening.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,703 Views)

When you are setting the properties of you exe, you will need to include "_Excel Dynamic VI's.vi" as part of your source files.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,694 Views)
I had a very similar problem the other day with Word.  I used the Report Generation Toolkit to generate a Word report.  What I found is that you need to add the libraries containing the functions you are using from the Report Generation Toolkit to the Dynamic VI's and Support Files in your build.  In my case, I needed to add the library called _wordsub.dll located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\addons\_office.  There is also a file called _exclsub.llb in that same directory.  I think you just need to add that library to your project, then to the Dynamic VI's and Support Files in your build.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,685 Views)
This knowledge base should help - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C38CE3F30542D65B86256F0E00740DD8
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,677 Views)