LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting to cRIO-9024 in MAX

Hello, 

I can't see my cRIO in MAX. I have followed instructions on other guides but to no avail. I am using windows 7, LabVIEW 2012, MAX 5.5, I have to latest NI-RIO installed (NI-RIO 13). The cRIO has the correct setup, the status light is flashing 3 times etc. 

It is probable something very small and basic that I have missed, any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,628 Views)

Your system requires LabVIEW FPGA & Real TIme to communicate with cRIO RT system

Please check your system IP and cRIO IP are in same Class so that it is discovered in your PC,

If you are in home network which has DHCP server ,reset your IP using Hardware switch and restart your system

AB
Kudos are Accepted
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,616 Views)

You do not need to install LV RT and FPGA to see your cRIO in MAX.  However, you do need to ensure that you have installed BOTH NI-RIO and CompactRIO support.  If you are in MAX and expand the Software category on your local system you should see both NI-RIO and CompactRIO support listed.

If you don't please be sure to install the CompactRIO runtime.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/4282/lang/en

Now if you want to install software to your cRIO then you may need to install LV RT depending on what you need to upgrade.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,598 Views)

I have both of those installed, and I jave RT and FPGA installed also.

I have reinstalled RIO just now to ensure that it was the last instulation and that all drivers were connecting but it still is not showing up. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,588 Views)

Is your computer and the target on the same subnet and have you double checked to ensure you have the ethernet cable plugged into the correct port on the cRIO?  Port 2 is disabled by default in most cases, so you need to connect to port 1.

Finally, I would suggest launching the NI Network Browser from the Tools menu in MAX.  If the Network Browser can see the target it is probably a problem with MAX.  If the Network Browser can not see the target it could be a firewall, network, or target side issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,582 Views)

Thanks for the help. One problem was that I was not using a crossover cable. When I did use one the cRIO was still not showing up in MAX but I could see it in the NI Network Browser. From there I;

Right Click Remote Systems in MAX.
Click Create New>Remote Device (not on local subnet)

Enter IP Address.

Click Finish

and the cRIO was added and visible in MAX. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,563 Views)

hi i am a beginner with compact rio. when i want to configure my compact rio (9024)  the picture of systeme appear broken and i cant registre my configuration  

thanks  meddeb safouene

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,414 Views)