From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Connecting to a RS485

Hello,

I upgraded a test computer at work from 7 to 8.2 RTE.  I then upgraded the code being used and tried to run it on the machine.  I wasn't able to get the code fully fixed and I ran out of test time before I had to turn it back over to the origional testers, and I had to return it back to normal.  I have tried to take it back, but now it can no longer communicate to the RS485 ports.  I uninstalled everything National Instruments had on there and I reloaded RTE 6 and 7.  I also removed the RS485 drivers, removed the RS485 card, installed the drivers, and then put the card back in.  I also put accesshw and traditional DAQ on the computer.  The programs run, just no communication.

The LabView program that is being run was made in LV6.  The computer has Windows XP and has a RS485 and a GPIB port.  THe GPIB port works just fine.  Since all of the code on this machine is already compiled, I can't take a peek inside and see error codes.  Any Ideas? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,223 Views)

Sounds like you lost the ALIAS settings for the COMM ports. Search the forums for enumerate serial ports.

Start here.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=70&message.id=975&requireLogin=False

Message 2 of 3
(2,208 Views)
Wow, thanks.  That got me headed in the right direction.  It turned out that the com ports needed to be certain values to match up with the RS485 ports.  It's the simple solutions that are the hardest to find.  Smiley Very Happy Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,184 Views)