cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with value of temperature on NI 9217

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a module NI 9217 for RTD thermocouple and I have a thermocouple PT 100 Ohm ( 4 wires). I connect to the module and I got themperaure -240 degrees but It should be something about 24 degrees in plus. I checked all channels the 3 ones show the same but one shows +314 degrees. Could anybody explain me where I made mistake?

Regards,

Kamil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,894 Views)

It's hard to say where something is wrong with so few informations. Did you set the TC type to the good values (J type, T type, ..)?. What temperature unit do you use (maybe the -240 is in kelvin). Often when you read a very high temp value on a TC it is because the TC is defective, did you try with another TC?

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,887 Views)
It is not thermocouple type K, J...etc. It is a platinum one PT 100 Ohm. The module NI 9217 it is for platinum module (http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/202713). I do not see anything but scaling value. Now any temperature setting. For Kelvin it should be something 273.15 + something and again it is in plus. There should be another problem somewhere else. I check the thermocouple in other system and it works fine. Therefore I ask what I could do wrong...  
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,881 Views)

You're right, I confused the 9217 with the 9211. Did you try to run your device in MAX to see if you have the same behavior. I suppose you double checked your connections.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,878 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rodzynek

OK, finally I got it. I measured resistance on the wires and I checked which ones are connected together. Then I plugged these one which did not give any vales together. RTD- and RTD+ plus have to be connected with these ones which give about 100 ohms together (my case). Then Ex has to be connected with that one which does not give any vales with RTD+. The opposite way is with COM it cannot give any vale with RTD-. In this way I found where was problem. What is strange that with another system I connected completely different way but the explanation for connections is the same.  

Anyway thank you for interesting.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,866 Views)