LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with unitialized shift register and "bundle" functions

Hello all,

I have a problem with an unitialized shift register and a cluster in cluster ( see simplified example)!

I can not select an element from the second cluster (for example "Test 2.b") and display it. This only happens when I use the "bundle by name" function first.
I have to use a workaround (see example)!

Can somebody explain this behaviour or is it a "bug" (and maybe already been fixed)?

I am using Labview 7.0 & 7.1

BJK
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,557 Views)

BJK

Your vi runs correctly on my machine using 8.2.  Not a lot of experience with 7.x.  Guessing it was a bug fix?

Message 2 of 6
(2,546 Views)
I can duplicate this issue with LV 7.1.1, using 8.2 there is no issue. This appeairs to be a bug.
Andrew Alford
Production Test Engineering Technologist
Sustainable Energy Technologies
www.sustainableenergy.com
Message 3 of 6
(2,540 Views)
I do not recall the details but in earlier versions of LV there was a problem with resolving like-named elements in sub-clusters. If your elements were a and b in one cluster and c and d in the other, it would probably work OK.

Lynn
Message 4 of 6
(2,535 Views)
It is definitely a bug with LV7.1.1.  I've seen this before.  Only happens if you bundle first and then try to unbundle.  You won't be able to select items after the first one in the unbundle function.  If you move the unbundle operation to before the bundle, you can select whatever you want.  My workaround was to unbundle everything I needed first, then bundle at the end.  If I needed a new element that was just bundled, I would wire it from the source instead of unbundling again.  In the next case, you can unbundle successfully.  This bug is limited to one case at a time only.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 5 of 6
(2,523 Views)
Hello all,

Thank you all for your replies!
Knowing the problem is a bug and not me I can live with it (as far as you can live with a bug!)

Workaround:
Renaming the names in the second cluster also works! (thank you Jonhsold)

Again thanks!
BJK
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,497 Views)